The First World War – Whitstable’s Contributions
Whitstable people’s contributions during The Great War will be remembered throughout November at the museum. A display will recall:
- the call to arms and some of the men who answered;
- our strong connection with the RNR including those lost in the Cressy disaster;
- effects on the town and its people on the home front;
- our hospitals and some of the people who served and were treated in them;
- connections with Commonwealth soldiers who came to our hospitals and;
- the town’s memorials to the supreme sacrifice made by many.
Exhibition research books provide deeper insights into our WW1 history, now a century ago.
The museum is open Thursday to Saturday, 1st November to 1st December, 11:00 to 4:30.